TJ's Breakfast Diaries


It all started in March 2004, about a year ago. T began working in Civic and J had a 9am class at ANU. Both were busy people for various reasons and needed time to breathe, relax and chill out. Breakfast sounded like the perfect opportunity to spend some time philosophising, discussing world events, politics, gossiping, or more often than not just having a whinge, a bitch or a moan about love, sex, work, family or friends.

Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Dutch

"And seeing that you were insistent that we come back here, from now on we will go dutch"

T was half expecting this lecture - she had pushed the point about returning to Tosolini's.

"I always think that my friends think like me - that everything will work out in the end - but you are not like that - I've realised" J went on.

T was a bit hurt by the comment, but decided not to bite. She felt that both sides had taken each other for granted since they decided to share house.

"I dreamt that I told you that I was moving out last night" T said, now feeling guilty for pushing to come back here.

Silence.

"I don't think it's like that - I still enjoy our breakfast time - it's sort of....decadent" responded J.

"Yeah, I don't mind going dutch - this whole breakfast thing has got out of hand - it started as a simple coffee and raisin toast and now it is the big breakfast and the blog" stated T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home